The Rural Assistance Fund was created to support member food banks to assist with various needs not addressed by other provincial and national funds.
To apply for this grant food banks must:
• Be a member of Food Banks Alberta in good standing for a minimum of 12 months;
• Participate in the annual national Hunger Count;
• Not received this grant in the last 24 months; and
• Complied with reporting on any and all grants received from Food Banks Alberta.
This funding can be applied for to assist with:
• Matching grants, Food Safety, Food Purchasing, Equipment – purchases, repairs, maintenance, Training, and Infrastructure.
Download the PDF version here:FBA Rural Assistance Program
Download the fillable Word version here: FBA Rural Assistance Program – Fillable
Applications can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 780-459-6347.
If you require any assistance in the application process or need clarification on the new guidelines, please contact the provincial office.